- M. Baumann, P. Benner, and J. Heiland (2018). Space-Time Galerkin POD with Application in Optimal Control of Semilinear Partial Differential Equations. SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 40(3), A1611-A1641.
- M. Baumann and M. B. van Gijzen (2018). An efficient two-level preconditioner for multi-frequency wave propagation problems. Elsevier Appl. Numer. Math. doi: 10.1016/j.apnum.2018.08.020.
- M. Baumann and M. B. van Gijzen (2018). Convergence and complexity study of GMRES variants for solving multi-frequency elastic wave propagation problems. Elsevier J. Comput. Sci., 26, 285-293.
- M. Baumann, R. Astudillo, Y. Qiu, E. Ang, M. B. van Gijzen, and R.-E. Plessix (2017). An MSSS-Preconditioned Matrix Equation Approach for the Time-Harmonic Elastic Wave Equation at Multiple Frequencies. Springer Computat. Geosci., 22(1):43-61.
- M. Baumann and M. B. van Gijzen (2015). Nested
Krylov methods for shifted linear systems. SIAM J.
Sci. Comput., 37(5), S90-S112.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings
- M. Baumann and M. B. van Gijzen (2017). Efficient iterative methods for multi-frequency wave propagation problems: A comparison study. Procedia Comput. Sci., Vol. 108, pp. 645-654. Preprint bibtex
- M. Baumann and M.B. van Gijzen (2016).
A Fast Iterative Solution of the Time-harmonic Wave Equation
with MSSS-preconditioned IDR(s). Appeared in:
Extended abstract for 78th
EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2016 in Vienna, Austria,
- Baumann, M., Heiland, J., and Schmidt, M. (2015). Discrete Input/Output Maps and their Relation to Proper Orthogonal Decomposition. In: Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory, Differential-Algebraic Equations and Control Theory. Festschrift in Honor of Volker Mehrmann. Springer International Publishing. pp. 585-608.
- Heiland, J. and Baumann, M. and Walle, A. and Mehrmann, V. and Schäfer, M. (2010). Simulation and Control of Drop Size Distributions in Stirred Liquid/Liquid Systems. In: Proc. 4th International Conference on Population Balance Modelling, September 15-17 2010, Berlin, Germany.
- M. Baumann and M.B. van Gijzen (2017). An Efficient Two-Level Preconditioner for Multi-Frequency Wave Propagation Problems. DIAM Technical Report 17-03, TU Delft pdf Code Applet
- M. Baumann, P. Benner, J. Heiland (2016). Space-time Galerkin POD with application in optimal control of semi-linear parabolic partial differential equations. arXiv:1611.04050. pdf Code
- M. Baumann, R. Astudillo, Y. Qiu, E. Ang, M.B. Van Gijzen and R.-E.
Plessix (2016). An MSSS-Preconditioned Matrix Equation Approach for the
Time-Harmonic Elastic Wave Equation at Multiple Frequencies. DIAM Technical
Report 16-04, TU Delft. pdf Code
- M. Baumann, M. B. van Gijzen (2014).
Nested Krylov methods for shifted linear systems. DIAM
Technical Report 14-01, TU Delft. pdf Code
- Preconditioning the Elastic Wave Equation in 2D and 3D based on
Inexact MSSS Matrix Computations, presented at International Conference On Preconditioning Techniques For Scientific And Industrial Applications, Jul. 31 - Aug. 2, 2017, Vancouver, CAN (poster, abstract)
- Preconditioning the Time-Harmonic Elastic Wave Equation at Multiple
Frequencies, presented at COSSE alumni workshop, Nov.
10-12, 2016, Stockholm, Sweden and at DCSE Kick-Off Meeting, May 23, 2017, TU Delft.
- A generalized POD space-time Galerkin scheme for
parameter dependent dynamical systems, presented at MoRePas - Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems, Oct. 13-16, 2015, Trieste, Italy (presenter: Jan Heiland)
- A Set of Fortran 90 and Python Routines for Solving Linear Equation with IDR(s), presented at SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra, Oct. 26-30, 2015, Atlanta, US (poster, blitz)
- A generalization of the Proper Orthogonal Decomposition method for nonlinear model-order reduction, presented at 40th Woudschoten Conference, Oct. 7-9, 2015, Zeist, The Netherlands (poster)
- Nested Krylov methods for shifted linear systems, presented at Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory, Differential-Algebraic Equations, and Control Theory, May 6-9, 2015, TU Berlin, Berlin, Germany (published at scienceopen)
- Nested Krylov methods for shifted linear systems arising in frequency-domain wave simulations, presented at 39th Woudschoten Conference, Oct. 8-10, 2014, Zeist, The Netherlands (poster, my_prize)
- Fast iterative solution of the time-harmonic elastic wave equation at multiple frequencies, presented at 38th Woudschoten Conference, Oct. 2-4, 2013, Zeist, The Netherlands (poster)
- 01-02-2018: Invited talk at Numerical Analysis Seminar, KTH Stockholm, SWE (slides)
- 10-01-2018: Slides of my introductory talk during my PhD defense
- 01-08-2017: Talk at Preconditioning Conference 2017, Vancouver, CAN (abstract, slides, applet)
- 14-06-2017: Talk at International Conference on Computational Science, ETH Zurich, CH (slides)
- 19-05-2017: Talk at WSC Spring Meeting, U Antwerp, BEL (slides)
- 31-01-2017: Talk at AG ModNumDiff, TU Berlin, GER (slides)
- 17-07-2016: Talk at SIAM Annual Meeting 2016,
Boston, USA (slides)
- 03-06-2016: Talk at EAGE16 - WS13, Vienna,
AU (slides, movie)
- 26-10-2015: Talk at SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra, Atlanta, US (slides)
- 19-06-2015: Talk at Preconditioning Conference 2015, TU Eindhoven, NL (slides)
- 25-09-2014: Talk at the mini-workshop on shifted linear systems at the University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal, GER (slides, movie)
- 03-09-2014: Talk at the 4th IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation, Birmingham, UK (abstract, slides)
- M. Baumann (2011). Modelling and Simulation of Dispersions in Turbulent Flows. BSc Thesis, Technical University of Berlin. (abstract, report, slides)
- M. Baumann and P. Buran (2011). Numerical Solution of the Vorticity Transport Equation on Nvidia GPUs. BSc Thesis, Technical University of Berlin. (abstract, report, slides)